Knox Hills is the premier living choice for Soldiers and their Families stationed at Fort Knox, home of the Army’s Human Resourses Center of Excellence.
Knox Hills offers new and updated two- to five-bedroom homes. Our homes are designed with family togetherness in mind, and offer large, open floor plans and sustainable initiatives including geothermal heating and cooling. Geothermal heat pumps take advantage of the stable earth temperature which lies just a few feet below the surface to help keep indoor temperatures comfortable. These energy-efficient heat pumps circulate water or other liquids through pipes buried in a continuous loop (either horizontally or vertically) next to a building. One system is used to heat and cool a structure.
All Knox Hills’ neighborhoods are surrounded by open green spaces and offer an array of outdoor activities, including walking trails, playgrounds and parks. Additionally, children of Knox Hills’ residents attend Department of Defense (DoD) schools.
The Army awarded the project to Lend Lease’s public partnership business in 2006. Since then, hundreds of new homes have been constructed and many more updated and renovated, offering Soldiers and their Families more space and the amenities they deserve. Before the project’s inception, home designs were drafted and finalized after a variety of focus groups and one-on-one discussions were initiated to offer architects direct feedback on what Military Families wanted most in their homes.
Knox Hills’ homes are constructed to be energy efficient and include many sustainable initiatives. Additionally, Knox Hills currently offers 46 new homes that were built under the stringent Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building System Rating. This nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation ensures the highest performance for constructing green buildings.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building System.
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling.
- CFL Lighting.
- Low-e Vinyl Windows.
- Energy Star-rated Appliances.
- Resident Recycle Program.
- Recycling concrete slabs, boulders and rock for use in new driveways, sidewalks and road surface underlayment.
- Recycling asphalt for use in new road surfaces.
- Recycling wood from damaged and downed trees into mulch to reuse as retaining walls to control rain water run-off of silt and mud and for temporary passage ways into and out of new construction sites.
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 KY Governor’s Safety Award
- 2009 Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) Premiere Real Estate Management Awards, Best Repositioning/Rehabilitation and Best Managed Residential Community
- 2010 Lend Lease Incident and Injury Free Americas Award