In March 2007, the U.S. Air Force selected Lend Lease’s public partnership business as its partner to develop, build, renovate, finance, and maintain the Military Family housing at three key installations; Los Angeles AFB, Schriever AFB and Peterson AFB. Collectively called Tierra Vista, the focus remains on improving the quality of life of Military Families. This is accomplished through neighborhoods that feature state-of-the-art design and technology with sustainability integrated into every aspect. Through innovative resident programs, involvement with the local community and superior property management services TV is creating a better quality of life for Airmen and their Families.
- All new homes are ENERGY STAR® certified
- The use of five star ENERGY STAR® appliances
- Sustainable construction techniques including the use of tankless water heaters, spray foam insulation, dual-pane windows, and technology niches in all new home construction
- Commitment to 100 percent CFL usage throughout homes and community centers
- Resident programs focused on educating Military Families on environmental sustainability
- Innovative tree recycling program; over 500 mature trees have been saved and transplanted into the new common areas in the community at Peterson AFB
- Historic renovations at Ft. MacArthur, Los Angeles AFB
- Environmental remediation project at Peterson AFB
Tierra Vista is the first ever, on-base housing community for Military Families of Schriever AFB. Offering premier living for today’s Military Families, a total of 242 brand new, energy efficient three- and four-bedroom homes are being developed for Service Members of all ranks, along with a new state-of-the-art community center with an indoor, Olympic-size swimming pool and a host of other neighborhood amenities.
Lend Lease has taken an innovative approach to community design at Peterson AFB. Developing 597 new homes and performing extensive renovations to 53 homes. With a commitment to using 100 percent CFL energy efficient lighting, the use of tankless water heaters and foam insulation to reduce energy loss, and novel landscape design that results in 50 percent water conservation, Tierra Vista at Peterson AFB is a testament to Lend Lease’s commitment to sustainability.
At Los Angeles AFB, Lend Lease and Tierra Vista are performing an extensive renovation of homes throughout the three Tierra Vista neighborhoods, including a revitalization of historic Ft. MacArthur. With breathtaking coastal views, neighborhood improvements at Ft. MacArthur include four historic renovations, along with the conversion of 66 two-bedroom flats, into 33 four-bedroom townhomes.
- Los Angeles AFB, California
- Peterson AFB, Colorado
- Schriever AFB, Colorado