Lend Lease Involvement
In partnership with Place Victoria (formally VicUrban) and the City of Melbourne, Lend Lease is delivering Victoria Harbour as an integrated precinct, including housing, commercial buildings, childcare services and Australia’s first ‘green’ supermarket. Victoria Harbour has the highest concentration of green buildings in Australia.
Victoria Harbour has been labeled the “jewel in the crown” of Melbourne’s Docklands, one of the largest and most prestigious waterfront developments being undertaken in Australia. A key part of Melbourne’s Docklands regeneration site, Victoria Harbour brings together a vibrant mix of residential, retail and commercial spaces.
Victoria Harbour, with direct connection to the CBD via Collins Street, is already home to ANZ, NAB, Ericsson and Myer and over 800 residents with many more exciting developments to come. Victoria Harbour also boasts the highest concentration of green buildings in Australia.
Set on 30 hectares, with 30% dedicated to open space and 2.5kms of spectacular promenades and water frontage, Victoria Harbour offers a truly unique Melbourne experience.
From a community perspective Lend Lease, in partnership with Places Victoria and City of Melbourne will be delivering Dock Square – a new civic hub in addition to a state-of-the-art library and community centre. Located at the intersection where Collins St will meet Bourke St, the proposed library and community centre will reinforce the precinct’s environmental credentials by creating one of Melbourne’s most sustainable civic landmarks. It is designed to become a meeting place where the Docklands community can access a range of resources and activities, and actively participate in community life.
The Merchant Street retail precinct provides a selection of cafes, restaurants, boutique shops and convenience stores, including a Safeway supermarket. Collins Street extends into Victoria Harbour and offers a convenient tram service to the CBD. Lend Lease is also making significant investments in public open space art throughout Victoria Harbour.
21,615 sqm retail
350,000 sqm commercial
24,000 sqm mixed use
8,000 sqm community facilities
2011, Docklands had an estimated resident population of 61,341 persons
Approximately 16,000 at current
30,000 on completion in 2021
(25,000 workers/ 5,000 residents)
Visit Apartments to view our entire Australia portfolio.
Projects within this precinct include:
Community infrastructure / retail:
- Merchant Street retail precinct connecting Bourke and Collins streets includes a Safeway Supermarket
- 150 place Harbour Family and Children’s Centre
- Water Plaza, a revamp of the north promenade with green lawns and a boardwalk over the water
- Collins Landing, a waterside park with ferry and boat mooring facilities
- Up to 178 Marina berths to be located on Water Plaza
- Victoria Green, Victoria Harbour’s green heart with BBQs, picnic tables, and native garden beds
- Extension of the Collins Street tram infrastructure and tram stop
- Dock Square - a unique civic hub with the cornerstone a modern Library and Community Centre.
- The Mosaic, a mid-rise, nine-storey, boutique residential development
- The Montage, sister development to The Mosaic with a roof top garden
- The Merchant, architecturally designed apartments aimed at investors and first time home buyers
- Convesso-Concavo, Serrata and EXO, some of Victoria Harbour's newest residential offerings
- 818 Bourke Street, a six storey building and headquarters to the Victorian offices of Ericsson plus home to Infosys and AMP
- Australia’s first 6 Star Green Star - Office As Built rated building, The Gauge, Lend Lease’s Victorian headquarters as well as home to Fujitsu
- ANZ Centre, the largest office development in the southern hemisphere, also 6 Star Green Star rated
- Myer National Support Office with 10 stories of offices and 3 stories of car parking is a 5 Star Green Star building
- Aurecon, an eight storey building and headquarters to the Victorian offices of global engineering firm Aurecon - occupying five levels.
Victoria Harbour boasts the highest concentration of green buildings in Australia, including The Gauge, Lend Lease’s Melbourne headquarters. The Gauge was the first building in Australia to achieve a 6 Star Green Star Office As Built rating for a completed office building.
Convesso was the first luxury residential building in Australia to receive the 4 Star Green Star rating residential rating and its twin Concavo is also set to receive the rating. More recently the 15-level Serrata residential building received its 4 Star Green Star Multi Unit v1 Residential rating.
As a result of this sustainability focus, Victoria Harbour is one of the initial projects worldwide to be included in the Clinton Climate Initiative’s global Climate Positive Development Program.
Lend Lease is delivering Victoria Harbour as an integrated precinct, in partnership with Places Victoria and City of Melbourne.