Our Elevate RAP applies three goals to our Australian operations:
1. All Lendlease employees in Australia will be invited to participate in cultural awareness and engagement learning.
- 5,400 Lendlease employees in Australia have completed face to face or online cultural awareness learning
- 100+ Lendlease employees in Australia have engaged in cultural immersion opportunities on Country.
- First client of Arrilla Digital, an Indigenous cultural competency online learning program available to all Lendlease employees.
- Approximately two per cent of our Australian employees are Indigenous.
- 100+ Indigenous university interns have been hosted by Lendlease through our partnership with CareerTrackers since 2011, of which more than 20 have converted into full-time employment across our businesses.
- Five formal partnerships with organisations that work to improve academic and employment outcomes for Indigenous students.
- The Gymea program is our national procurement strategy targeted at increasing procurement activity with Indigenous businesses.
- $68.3 million spend in FY18 with registered and certified Indigenous businesses.
- 11 Indigenous businesses have signed strategic partnership agreements with Lendlease to create opportunities that enable them to grow.
3. We will increase procurement from, and support the development of, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses in Australia.
Lendlease has joined some of Australia’s largest companies to support the Uluru Statement from the Heart and its call for the establishment of a First Nations voice in the Australian Constitution.
The ‘Response to the Uluru Statement’ was developed by Lendlease and 13 other participating organisations who all share the highest Elevate-level of leadership for their Reconciliation Action Plans (RAPs).