Lendlease Australian bushfire response
Lendlease has always been an integral part of the community with a spirit of wanting to help.
In the wake of the devasting bushfires spanning so many parts of Australia’s regional and coastal towns, we, like so many organisations and individuals, are committed to supporting bushfire relief and recovery efforts.
Our thoughts are with the communities and people impacted as we develop our immediate and longer-term response strategy to provide hands-on support.
Our current commitments include:
- Red Cross donation. We have donated $500,000 to the Australian Red Cross – an organisation we have an existing relationship with through our Lendlease Foundation. Supporting expert organisations, who are already working directly with impacted people, is the best way we can help in the first instance.
- Matching employee donations. We have pledged to match individual donations from our people to the Australian Red Cross up to the amount of $500,000, retrospectively applied to donations made since December 1, 2019.
- Support local initiatives. Our assets in the community have activated a number of initiatives with the aim to help front line resources including the emergency services.
- Bushfire emergency committee. We’ve convened a bushfire emergency committee to determine a longer-term assistance strategy to help restore impacted communities.
- Emergency and Volunteer Leave. Lendlease already has extensive Emergency and Volunteer Leave policies in place for our people and will extend paid leave where appropriate.
- In Australia, Lendlease Foundation doubled the number of Community Grants available, with 10 grants of up to $10,000 awarded to bushfire affected communities and the organisations that support them. Read more here.
Our Bushfire Emergency Committee is assessing our contribution to the recovery efforts for the months and years to come. Our annual Community Day will be executed over an extended period, largely dedicated to supporting impacted communities.