The journey to Absolute Zero Carbon has been called Mission Zero. In this report, tangible case studies demonstrate how the company has embarked on this mission, making progress towards eliminating its Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
Key progress highlights from the report include:
- Switched 100% of electricity to renewables
- Switched to using low carbon fuels on over 60% of UK projects with a policy in place to support the transition to 100% fossil fuel-free alternatives by the end of 2021
- Cut embodied carbon through the use of cross-laminated timber, low carbon steel and increased recycled content in other materials
- Developed a green lease to bring new commercial tenants on the journey to Absolute Zero Carbon
- Empowered Lendlease employees to act on climate change through bespoke training workshops
However, the company also recognises that there is still a lot to be done and that industry transformation is required if it is to help limit global warming to 1.5°C. Therefore, the report also draws out milestones in the company’s Mission Zero roadmap that they will look to tackle next.
Accompanying this report is a video which highlights the key achievements from those around the Europe business that helped to deliver them.
The full report can be viewed here: Lendlease Europe Progress Towards Mission Zero