We are dedicated to a diverse and inclusive workplace. To increase diversity and inclusion in our business we focus on three strategic areas: an inclusive workplace, flexibility and gender equity.
We are working hard on levelling the playing field for our employees, striving to give everyone a fair go, excelling in their roles and being acknowledged for it.
Every year WGEA recognises companies that have taken outstanding actions in driving gender equity within their organisations and beyond. We are very proud to receive the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation for the third consecutive year.
Gender equity specific policies and initiatives benefiting our employees include:
- Setting gender targets across the company.
- Introducing a range of benefits and policies including flexible ways of working, paid parental and partner leave, carer’s leave, childcare and other family benefits.
- Providing leadership development programs and professional networks for women (including our Xplore Leading Women’s Program, and our participation in the Chief Executive Women’s Leadership Programs)
- Committed to achieving pay parity by undertaking rigorous annual pay equity reviews; and, having a clear action plan to address gender pay gaps.
- Adopting targets set by the Australian Institute of Company Directors of 30 per cent of women directors by the end of FY18 (currently three of our non-executive directors are women).
- Providing ‘unconscious bias’ training for all employees.
- Employing dedicated Diversity & Inclusion teams in each region.
More organisations than ever have been granted the WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation, reflecting the growing commitment to workplace gender equality in Australia.
Our Group CEO and Managing Director, Steve McCann, has played a pivotal role in driving gender equality through his involvement in the Property Male Champions of Change, a group established by The Property Council of Australia in 2015 to drive greater gender equality in the property industry and increase the number of women in leadership roles.