Lendlease Australia funds top global sustainability ratings
- 18 October 2022
Lendlease One International Towers Sydney Trust at Barangaroo has claimed the number one spot globally for office funds, with Australian Prime Property Fund Commercial taking second place.
Lendlease Retirement Living has also ranked first for retirement funds in Australia, and third world-wide.
Overall, a Lendlease office fund has been recognised as the world’s most sustainable office real estate fund, claiming first place for eight of the last nine years. This year, all Lendlease Australia funds placed in the top 10 for their asset category, and five funds achieved a 5 Star GRESB rating.
Leading GRESB results for Lendlease Australia in 2022:
- First globally: Lendlease One International Towers Sydney Trust at Barangaroo South precinct, with a score of 98.
Second globally: Australian Prime Property Fund Commercial
- First Asia Pacific: Lendlease Retirement Living Trust
- Second Asia-Pacific: Australia Prime Property Fund Industrial
In Australia, Lendlease’s national office portfolio remains an industry leader in sustainability, certified carbon neutral five years ahead of Lendlease’s target for funds to be net zero carbon by 2025 for Scopes 1 and 2. Globally, Lendlease continues to demonstrate leadership in sustainability, reflected in 21 accolades across 17 funds in 2022.
In each of the four regions in which Lendlease operates – Australia, Asia, Europe and the Americas – at least one fund achieved a number one ranking. The results reflect the Group’s commitment to optimum environmental, social and governance outcomes in its growing portfolio of funds and assets under management.
- Lendlease funds achieved seven global sector leadership awards, and 14 regional sector leadership awards.
- Lendlease One International Towers Sydney Trust is the top Office fund globally.
- Lendlease Retirement Living Trust ranked first in Residential in Asia-Pacific.
- Lendlease Global Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust ranked first in Retail in Asia.
- Lendlease (US) Multifamily – Americas Residential Partnership ranked first in Residential: Multifamily in the USA.
- Lendlease Global Commercial Italy Fund ranked first in Office: Corporate: Mid-Rise Office in Italy.
Quotes attributable to Dale Connor, CEO Lendlease Australia
“We’re continually improving our sustainability outcomes across our assets, with GRESB providing a global independent benchmark for us to gauge our performance.
“Delivering quality assets that are some of the most sustainable in the world benefits our investors, the people who use them and the community at large, increasingly providing the competitive advantage that contributes to our investment performance.”
Quotes attributable to Tony Lombardo, Lendlease Group CEO and Managing Director
“Lendlease funds have once again scooped the pool in GRESB’s 2022 assessment of the global real estate sector. This includes clinching the award for the world’s most sustainable office fund – an accolade we have achieved for eight of the past nine years.”
For more information:
General Manager, External Affairs
+61 428 843 828