You will be offered challenging and diverse opportunities to build your knowledge and experience, while being exposed to the full spectrum of corporate affairs. Rotations include Digital Marketing, Communications, Government Affairs and Brand & Production. Preferred Degrees: Political Science, Organisation Communication and Marketing (Public Policy & Journalism majors).
Finance graduates will have the opportunity to develop a broad understanding of how Lendlease operates, through rotations across our businesses. Graduates will gain experience working within both finance business partner roles (project and/or head office) and finance functional roles (such as Finance Services, Management Reporting, Treasury, and Internal Audit). We will support you to complete post-graduate studies and attain a professional qualification in Accounting or Finance. Preferred Degrees: Accounting Finance Business/ Commerce
You will build a strong foundation of knowledge in our human resources function through rotations with our operational support and business support teams, and exposure to our Group Centres of Excellence including Compensation, Benefit & Performance, Learning & Development and Talent & Resourcing. Preferred Degrees: Human Resources, Business/ Commerce (HR major)
You will be part of a team responsible for providing the technology capability and delivery to support day to day operations as well as our business strategy. Rotations can include Strategy and Architecture Services, Project Management and Delivery, Business Analysis and Business Process Management, Infrastructure Operations and Support, Applications Management and Digital. Preferred Degrees: Information Technology
You will be part of a specialist risk community where focus will be on the development of your knowledge and understanding across Risk and Insurance both within our Group Function as well as in the core business areas. You will help embed risk management practices into the business to help drive the organisation. Preferred Degrees: Business/ Commerce
Finance Graduate, 2018 cohort.
1. What projects did you work on during the Graduate Program?During the Graduate program, I had the opportunity to work on diverse projects in each of my rotations. I was able to travel to Lendlease projects across Australia to assist with reviews, participate in the implementation of a new monthly reporting finance system, and assist in creating a learning program for Lendlease Graduates. The diversity of these experiences gave me a well-rounded view of finance at Lendlease.
2. What were your day-to-day activities?Each rotation as a Finance Graduate offered me something different in the day-to-day. Whether it be completing month end for our Property business unit or assisting in writing reports for Senior Management. I would encourage new Graduates to volunteer for as many diverse tasks as possible, it’s the best way to learn and to find out what areas you most enjoy.
3. What are 1-2 things you wish you knew before you started?It’s so important to speak up and offer your perspective, even from the first day. Lendlease encourages everyone to speak up – who knows, you might have picked up on something that someone else has missed.
The second thing is to volunteer for as many experiences as possible. Whether it be site tours, or projects outside of your business unit. The Graduate program is the best time to experience as much as possible, and everyone encourages you to expand your horizons.
4. What has been the most rewarding professional experience since joining Lendlease?Running Community Day projects has been the most rewarding experience at Lendlease so far. I enjoyed volunteering throughout University, so it was great to find out I could continue to do it throughout work. It was also a great way to meet colleagues from all over the business.
Information Technology, Corporate Functions, 2018 cohort graduate
1. What project are you currently working on?
I’m currently working on creating a digital online portal that will house all data for a project in interactive visuals. It’s a great team and I’m learning a lot!
2. What are your day to day activities?
My daily activities involve running scrum meetings at the start of each day, running planning and retrospective sessions, data modelling and portal design.
3. What are 1-2 things you wish you knew before you started?
I learn more in a week than I ever learnt at university! With so many different aspects of the projects I am learning about things that I never even thought about. It might seem like a daunting first day at work, but everyone is so friendly and happy to help you out!
4. What has been the most rewarding professional experience since joining Lendlease?
The most rewarding experience has been the different situations I have encountered through the multiple graduate program rotations. In the past year, I have gone from learning and practicing presenting skills to running daily meetings for a large IT project. The differences in these professional environments has meant that I am constantly learning and developing as a person and it will put me in the best possible position professionally when I finish the two year program.
Information Technology Graduate, B.Com (Acct & BIS)
During my first year of the graduate program, I was lucky enough to be involved in producing a research paper commissioned by the Lendlease CIO. This was an extremely exciting piece of work to be part of as it has the potential to impact Lendlease’s future direction and continued success.