Lendlease's strategy is to pursue its integrated business model in targeted gateway cities around the world.
This means leveraging more than one of our operating segments of Development, Construction and Investments in cities we believe are the most resilient and best performing.
Our strategic intent is to deliver optimal performance in a safe and focused manner. We employ a disciplined approach to growing the business in sectors that are aligned to six key global trends.
By 2016, 54% of the world’s population were estimated to live in urban areas; this will reach 60% by 2030. (1)
On average, worldwide infrastructure spend of c.$3.3 trillion a year will be required to support expected rates of population growth between 2016 and 2030. (2)
Global assets under management are forecast to rise from c.US$85 trillion in 2016 to c.US$145 trillion by 2025. (3)
Cities occupy 2% of the world’s land mass, but are responsible for up to 70% of harmful greenhouse gases. (4)
Internationally, people aged 60+ is expected to more than double by 2050, rising from 962 million in 2017 to 2.1 billion in 2050. (5)
(1) World Urbanization Prospects: The 2014 Revision, United Nations.
(2) Bridging Global Infrastructure Gaps: McKinsey 2016.
(3) Asset & Wealth Management Revolution: Embracing Exponential Change, PwC 2017.
(4) UN-HABITAT's Global Report on Human Settlements 2011.
(5) World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision, United Nations
(6) CB Insights Research Brief 2016