ABB Xiamen Industry Hub
ABB plans to invest in a new build, greenfield manufacturing facility in Xiamen which will bring together 3 separate ABB Electrical Component businesses (LP, PPMV, PPHV) currently leasing separate premises in Xiamen into a new Xiamen Hub
ABB is a pioneering technology leader that works closely with utility, industry, transport and infrastructure customers in roughly 100 countries.
The new ABB hub is to be delivered and operated within the local Chinese Codes and Regulations and ABB's standards.
The size of the land (phase 1) 34.75 Hectares.
The project includes:
- LP: Single-storey production building, five-storey admin building
- PPMV: Single-storey production building, single-storey MC production building, four-storey admin building, single-storey ITS production, single-storey 3405 production building.
- PPHV: Single-storey production building, four-storey admin building
- 110KV substation
- Central kitchen
- Data centre
- Pump House
- Two chemical storages
- Three bin centres
- Four waste water control room
- Eight guardhouses
- Five bicycle sheds
- Six car sheds
The total building GFA is 279,583 sqm while total gross land area is 425,480 sqm. The total employees to be accommodated are approximately 5,200 persons.
Lean Design and Construction
To achieve the aggressive target schedule, we implement the following lean initiatives:
- Modularization and plugand-play solutions
- Use off-the-shelf equipment
- Facility Simplification
- Off-site fabrication
- Standard construction design details
Building Information Modelling (BIM)
Lendlease uses BIM as the design platform to generate all design & fabrication documents from frond end engineering to shop drawing development at construction phase.
- Improving visualization
- Improving coordination
- Reducing design risk
- Increasing understanding
- Reducing shop drawing duration
- Reducing rework and wasted time
- Reducing wasted material
- Improving construction quality
- Improving collaborating between LL, GC and subcontractors