Nicola M. Wakefield Evans
Independent Non Executive Director
Term of Office
Ms Wakefield Evans joined the Board in September 2013.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Ms Wakefield Evans is a business leader and non executive director with broad ranging commercial, business management, strategy and legal experience gained over a 30 year international career.
Ms Wakefield Evans was Managing Partner, International at King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) in Hong Kong where she was responsible for the overall governance and strategic positioning of the business in the Asia region. In addition to holding a number of senior management and leadership roles, Ms Wakefield Evans has had a diverse career as one of Australasia’s leading lawyers. Ms Wakefield Evans has been involved in a number of significant and ground-breaking M&A transactions and has advised some of the largest companies in Australia, Asia and globally. She has extensive international experience having worked in Australia, New York and Hong Kong.
Ms Wakefield Evans was included in the Australian Financial Review and Westpac Group’s inaugural list of ‘Australia’s 100 Women of Influence’. She is a member of Chief Executive Women Inc.
Ms Wakefield Evans holds a Bachelor of Jurisprudence and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New South Wales and is a qualified lawyer in Australia, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom.
Listed Company Directorships (held within the last three years)
- Non Executive Director of Macquarie Group Limited (appointed February 2014)
- Non Executive Director of Toll Holdings Limited (appointed May 2011, retired June 2017)
Other Current Appointments
- Chair of 30% Club, Australia
- Director of the Clean Energy Finance Corporation
- Director of UNSW Foundation Limited
- Director of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Director of Chief Executive Women
Board Committee Memberships
- Chairman of the Sustainability Committee
- Member of the Nomination Committee
- Member of the Audit Committee
- Member of the Risk Committee