Lendlease named in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2018
- 25 Apr 2018
Lendlease’s inclusion in The Times Top 50 list follows a wide range of actions and initiatives to address issues of gender equality, including a proactive approach on gender pay gap reporting. Lendlease opted to become one of the government’s ‘early adopters’ by publishing its gender pay data six months ahead of the April 2018 deadline. By proactively publishing its data early and recognising the need to tackle pay gap issues head-on, Lendlease wants to challenge the wider industry to follow suit. See the full gender pay gap report here.
Dan Labbad, Chief Executive Officer, International Operations for Lendlease said: “Being named one of the UK’s top employers for women is great news and welcome recognition for Lendlease’s continued efforts to attract more women into construction. We are pleased to be recognised for our efforts so far on this critical issue, but we are not complacent and will continue working hard to build a more inclusive workforce.”
Chloe Chambraud, Gender Equality Director, Business in the Community, said: “Well done to Lendlease on being named in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2018 – the process was highly competitive so they should be very proud of their success. Their efforts are enabling women and men to contribute equally to society, and I hope other organisations will learn from their example.”
Lendlease’s inclusion in The Times list follows other industry recognition for the company’s equality credentials, including becoming the first property group in the UK to achieve the National Equality Standard, and Lendlease being recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Australian Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
The full list of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2017 can be found online at: http://gender.bitc.org.uk
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Lendlease is a leading international property and infrastructure group with operations in Australia, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Our vision is to create the best places; places that inspire and enrich the lives of people around the world.
- Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, Lendlease has approximately 12,740 employees internationally.
- Our core capabilities are reflected in our operating segments of Development, Construction and Investments. The combination of these three segments provides us with a sustainable competitive advantage and allows us to provide innovative integrated solutions for our customers.
- Lendlease is behind some of London’s largest and most exciting mixed-use regeneration projects such as Elephant & Castle and The International Quarter.
- Lendlease was recognised as the UK’s Most Sustainable Residential Developer by the NextGeneration Sustainability Benchmark for setting new standards of sustainability and customer engagement for two consecutive years in 2016 and 2017, scoring more than double the industry average.
Business in the Community, part of the Prince’s Responsible Business Network, is a business-led membership organisation made up of progressive businesses of all sizes who understand that the prosperity of business and society are mutually dependent. We exist to build healthy communities with successful businesses at their heart.
We use our Responsible Business Map to guide members on a journey of continuous improvement, working across the whole responsible business agenda. From community engagement to employment, diversity and the circular economy, we offer expert advice and specialist resources, driving best practice by convening, sharing learning and recognising great performance across our influential Network.
For interviews and more information from Business in the Community please contact: Laura Cooney, E: email@example.com, T: 02075668653.
For further information, please contact Media Relations at Lendlease on 0203 430 9111 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.