Lendlease Europe shares inaugural social value report
New ‘Thriving Communities’ report shares our approach to social value in Europe and outlines our track record in social responsibility since operations began in the UK in the 1990s.
- 7 Dec 2022
- Lendlease Author Better Places
We are committed to creating social value for the communities we work in.
In a new report, Thriving Communities, we outline Lendlease Europe’s approach to social value creation and our track record in delivering positive social impacts for the residents and businesses neighbouring our projects.
Lendlease’s approach to social value is guided by the social focus areas of our Sustainability Framework; generating economic prosperity for communities, creating thriving communities where everyone is included, and supporting and enhancing people’s physical and mental wellbeing.
We strive to deliver social value across all our projects and assets; as well as through corporate shared-value partnerships and Lendlease Foundation programmes.
Key highlights from the report include:
• 1,300 jobs supported for those most in need by the company’s not-for-profit employment vehicle, BeOnsite, since 2008.
• £36m of social and economic value created for the Elephant & Castle community in five years through the Elephant Park regeneration project.
• £5m spent purchasing from social enterprises since 2018.
• A €1.8m social impact investment vehicle created in Italy as part of the Treviso Hospital renovation project.
• 500 staff trained as Mental Health First Aiders since 2013.
• A$107.3m of social value created globally through the work of our corporate shared value partnerships and Lendlease Foundation programmes as at 30 June 2022; putting us on track to achieve our global goal of creating A$250m by 2025.
Going forward, we are committed to consistently measuring the positive difference that our activities have on people’s wellbeing and society more widely.