Sustainability at Lendlease is underpinned by:
- Environment – we respect nature and work tirelessly to reduce our environmental impact through reducing greenhouse gas emissions; using energy wisely; eliminating waste and creating more clean water than we use. We are committed to reduce our energy, water and waste usage by 20 per cent by 2020. We are also exploring more sustainable building and material alternatives. For example, International House Sydney is made of Cross Laminated Timber, which has a 40 per cent decrease in embodied carbon when compared with traditional construction materials.
- Ethics – our history demands that we not only deliver strong returns for our security holders, but that we do so in a fair, just and equitable manner. Strong ethics in terms of the investments we make and the people we do business with are central to these beliefs. Our refusal to work with people who did not uphold our safety vision has seen us exit countries and sectors – testament to our commitment to ethically ‘doing the right thing’.
- Community – we are passionate about understanding and working with local people to co-create places that respect and are inclusive of all views. To help all parts of our communities to thrive, we place a strong emphasis on inclusiveness, wellbeing, employment, skilling and education. The work we do through our Reconciliation Action Plan is an example of this. In 2016, Lendlease achieved ‘Elevate’ RAP status, the highest level recognising our efforts for driving reconciliation in our sector - 5,400 employees in Australia have completed face to face or online cultural awareness learning.
Our achievements in sustainability are acknowledged by the organisations we partner with to deliver a more sustainable built environment.
- We are also recognised as an international leader by the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB); with five Lendlease managed funds ranked number one in the respective global or regional categories, in 2017;
- We are a Corporate Advisory Board member of the World Green Building Council;
- Lendlease's APPF Commercial is Australia’s first 6 Star Green Star rated portfolio (awarded by GRESB);
- We have been listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (World) for 16 years; and
- We are signatories to the United Nations Global Compact.
More information on our sustainability approach can be found at: https://www.lendlease.com/company/sustainability/