Since the beginning, Lendlease has played a role in creating landmark places around the world. We create places that leave a positive legacy with a focus on safety, innovation and sustainability, delivered by people who are respected for who they are and what they do.
A small sample of the calibre of our projects and capabilities includes:
- The National September 11 Memorial & Museum is a tribute to the lives lost after the attacks on September 11, 2001. We were privileged to return to the World Trade Center site in New York to deliver the landmark project.
- Malaysia’s Petronas Twin Towers was the tallest building in the world at the time of completion. Lendlease was the project manager for this iconic development, spanning 40 hectares and located in the heart of the Golden Triangle at Kuala Lumpur City Centre.
- Sydney Opera House is one of the most recognisable buildings of the twentieth century. Civil & Civic Contractors (later acquired by Lendlease) constructed stage I of the building, the entire structure below its iconic sails. Baulderstone (acquired by Lendlease in 2011) also played a key role in the construction of the Opera House.
- Tate Britain has been home to British art for more than 100 years. Lendlease delivered international standards through the upgrade and refurbishment work on the north and south quadrants of the gallery.
- In 1984 Lendlease won the contract to restore the Statue of Liberty in New York in advance of its 1986 centennial.