Lendlease is proud to be an industry leader in designing and building sustainable, innovative and vibrant city places, reflecting the commitment of our founder Dick Dusseldorp to create positive environmental and social impacts.
Lendlease’s integrated business model and international scale makes this vision possible. We invest, we develop and we build. We partner with cities, their governments and communities to transform city centres to foster a deeper connection between people and place. We've been doing this for more than 50 years.
Our strategy targets 17 of the world’s gateway cities in Australia, Asia, Europe and North America. Today, Lendlease has a presence in 15 of these 17 gateway cities.
These cities serve as the main point of entrance to a region. They are cities that promise strong performance and a resilience to the ups and downs of the property, economic and political cycles. They also typically contain large inner urban sites where infrastructure upgrades are often overdue.
At a Glance...
- Our urbanisation pipeline has an estimated end value of $55.9 billion
- 99 per cent of our major urban development projects have achieved, or are targeting, green certification
- Some of our major urban regeneration projects around the world include:
- In Australia – Darling Square (Sydney), Barangaroo (Sydney), Brisbane Showgrounds, Victoria Harbour, Melbourne Quarter and Waterbank (Perth).
- In London – Elephant Park, International Quarter London
- In the United States – Southbank (Chicago), Clippership Wharf (Boston)
- In Asia – Paya Lebar Quarter (Singapore), Tun Ruzak Exchange Lifestyle Quarter (Kuala Lumpur)
- This year, we expanded our globally recognised portfolio of urbanisation projects, securing four major urbanisation projects in Europe; in London – Euston Station, High Road West and Silvertown Quays; and in Milan - Milano Santa Giulia. We now have 18 major urbanisation projects across 10 gateway cities.