Fort Hood Family Housing
Killeen, Texas, United States
Fort Hood Family Housing (FHFH), a Lendlease military community, was awarded the first RCI project by the Department of the Army in 2001. Made up of 11 neighborhoods, FHFH celebrates 20 years of providing safe and healthy communities for our service members and families.
Visit project website
Fort Hood Family Housing
- Partner: US Army
- Killeen, Texas, United States
- Owner, Developer, Design Builder, Asset Manager
A Lendlease community is about more than houses we provide. It’s about providing a community living experience that improves the quality of life for our service members and families. At FHFH, we provide several resident-focused programs and events to help us do just that.Community services and amenities include:
- Seasonal front and side lawn care
- Lawn and garden center
- Trash and recycling pick-up
- 3 community centers w/ splash parks or swimming pool
- 68 community playgrounds
- 2 boundless playgrounds
- On-site maintenance
- Free fitness centers
- Basketball courts
- National Night Out - Celebrates the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while we work together to keep communities safe.
- Lemonade Day - Since 2012, FHFH has participated in Lemonade Day at Fort Hood, an educational program to teach children how to build and own a business and develop strong life skills.
- Facebook Portal Giveaway - In partnership with BlueStar Families and Moving with the Military, we gave away over 700 Facebook portals to provide another option for our service members and families to connect to their loved ones.
- Military Homefront - Through the Lendlease (US) Community Fund, over $10,000 is distributed annually to community and military programs across Fort Hood.
“Just moved out of Fort Hood Family Housing and I would just like to say I had a great experience living there and the office ladies have always been great! If you’re looking for housing, I would definitely recommend them.”
- Jade Hart, FHFH Resident
Fort Hood Family Housing is an award-winning project that showcases Lendlease's leadership in sustainability and property management.
Top Accolades and Awards
- Military Community of the Year, National Apartment Association (2021)
- 12-time National Night Out award winner (2009-2020)
- SatisFacts - Resident Satisfaction Award (2019)
- Apartment Association of Central Texas Property of the Year Award (2016)
- Paragon Community of the Year Award, Specialty Category, Military (2015)
- Central Texas Crime Prevention Business of the Year Award (2011)
- All maintenance technicians are Customer Care Certified, and our 24/7 emergency service response brings help to the door in under 60 minutes.
- We are committed to providing 7-year work order history prior to move-in.
- We provide routine maintenance and upkeep throughout the year to include, preventative maintenance of HVAC, appliances, pest control and more.
- Deployed Spouses Program - We provide non-traditional maintenance services to the families of our deployed service members such as assembling furniture, changing light bulbs, backyard lawn service, and a home care program providing watch over the home while the resident is away for an extended period of time.
- Our on-time maintenance response rate is 97.45%.
- FHFH has the distinction of being one of the largest LEED certified residential communities not only in the state of Texas, but also in the Army
- From 2010-2016, Fort Hood reduced solid waste by 30%, mostly from housing
- Nearly 2,260 solar window screens installed
- On-site environmental manager
- Partnership with Fort Hood Recycle Center provides single-stream recycling, making recycling simpler