Hayes Point is a 47-story mixed use, live-work-play project focused on placemaking and designed to enhance the health and wellness of its occupants.
Following completion of key sub-structure works at Hayes Point, the project was recently paused pending further de-risking through either tenancy pre-commitments or the introduction of a capital partner.
As at 30 Jun 2023. Estimated project value, details and completion date reported in Lendlease Full Year Results, 30 June 2023. Figures in AUD.
This new development at the intersection of Market Street and Van Ness Avenue will deliver 234,000 gross square feet of office space in a nine-story podium, approximately 4,000+ gross square feet of retail, and 333 condominium units in a 38-story tower above. In addition, a vibrant outdoor public plaza and a 24-ft high space on the ground floor for engaging public performances and private events for occupants will be featured.
Lendlease is the property developer, builder and owner at Hayes Point, capitalizing on their integrated platform, excellent delivery track record and progressive approach to every aspect of development.
Office Component: The office podium (branded as "1450 Market") is designed with the future of work in mind: large, open floor plates, open terraces on each level, 14'-6" floor-to-floor heights enabling an abundance of natural light, dynamic glass for tenant comfort, and an HVAC system with MERV-15 filters and 100% outside air capability.
Residential Component: Residences begin on the 11th floor, ranging from studios to three bedrooms, in close proximity to employment with spectacular panoramic views of the city skyline. 25% of the units will be provided as on-site affordable units, and over 50% of all units will be two or three bedrooms, enhancing support for families living in the city. The 10th floor will serve as the amenity floor for the residences, with a focus on wellness and catering to the creative.
Public Space: At the corner of Van Ness and Market, this project will give back over 3,000 sf for a public outdoor space as well as provide a 5,000 sf multi-purpose performance space, stadium-like seating, and micro-retail kiosks. Performance arts events will be programmed and provided in partnership with local non-profits.
The project will be an all-electric building, as part of our net zero carbon in operation strategy and is targeting LEED Platinum (LEED Gold minimum), WELL and Fitwel certification. It is certified WiredScore Gold.
Sustainability: Hayes Point has been designed to promote high levels of sustainability, inclusivity and opportunity, with the health and wellbeing of its occupants at the forefront.
Features and initiatives include:
- WiredScore Gold rating for digital connectivity.
- The all-electric development will target net zero carbon emissions during construction and operations. It will also include dynamic glass promoting energy efficiency and a wind protection and mitigation canopy designed to mitigate climate change impacts. See target sustainability ratings to the right.
- Bike parking almost double that required by the city of San Francisco.
- Social engagement is a priority for the project, with public events and programming already underway in partnership with the Civic Center Community Benefit District and the Intersection for the Arts organizations.
- Approximately 25% of the residential apartments will be offered as affordable housing.
- Approximately 4,000 square feet of retail space will be dedicated to non-profit organizations at below-market rates.
- The project is targeting the diversion of 80% of construction waste from landfill.
- The building encourages wellbeing with an enhanced HVAC that offers increased outdoor air filtration and access to outdoor terraces on every level of the office space.