Island Palm Communities
Island Palm Communities (IPC), a 50-year partnership between Lendlease and the U.S. Army, is the largest residential privatized project awarded by the Army. Located on seven Army Installations on Oahu, IPC is made up of 12 communities and 42 neighborhoods.
Visit project website
Project at a glance
7,579 + homes, 26,596+ residents, over 12 million square feet of real estate
- 4,725 new homes, 2,516 renovated homes, and 7 community centers
- $150M Energy Savings Performance Contract to include insulation/envelope improvement to 4654 homes
- HVAC upgrades to 1,708 legacy homes and 3,312 new homes
- LED lighting installation on 5,813 homes and 3,003 streetlights
- Water efficiency via low water consumption fixtures to 5,813 homes
- Renewable energy rooftop solar at 55% of homes.
Community improvements underway: completion 2026
- Canby historic home renovations
- Kitchen and bath upgrades in multiple communities.
- Playground replacements on Wheeler
- Roofing, fencing, paving painting & repairs in multiple communities
- New community center in Canby Community
- Historic renovations at Palm Circle
- Major renovations in the Parks Community at Fort Shafter
*Stats as of January 2023
A Lendlease community is about more than houses we provide. It is about giving a community living experience that improves our service members' and families' quality of life. At IPC, we offer several resident-focused programs and events to help us do just that.
Community services and amenities include:
- Utilities included
- On-site maintenance
- Year-round front/ side lawn care
- Trash and recycling pick-up
- 9 community centers
- 86 playgrounds
- 5 splash parks
- 2 swimming pools
- 5 free fitness centers
- 5 basketball courts
- 2 skate parks
- 2 dog parks
Community giving and events:
- Island Palm Communities Foundation - established in 2005, seeks to enhance the living, learning, and well-being of military families by funding projects to improve their quality of life. It looks to empower residents to effect change in their communities by engaging them in developing and executing projects and encouraging them to partner with USAG-Hawaii directorates, civic and community organizations in Hawaii.
- ASYMCA - Annual partner/support of "Operation Holiday Joy."
- Lemonade Day - Since 2015, IPC has sponsored Lemonade Day at U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii, an educational program to teach children how to build and own a business and develop strong life skills
- Fernando Gaeta, IPC Resident
Island Palm Communities is an award-winning project that showcases Lendlease's leadership in sustainability and property management.
- 9-time "Best Places to Work in Hawaii," Hawaii Business Magazine (2014-2022)
- 7-time SatisFacts- Resident Satisfaction Award (2015-2021)
- Historic Preservation Award, Historic Hawaii Foundation, for the renovation of Residences at Palm Circle Drive at Fort Shafter, O'ahu & the rehabilitation of a home built in 1919 located on Schofield Barracks, Oahu (2018 & 2020)
- Property Management Company of the year award; Gold & Silver, Multi-Housing News (2017 & 2018)
- 6-time National Night Out Award, Military and Neighborhood/Communities (2013-2019)
- Launched in January 2020, the Resident Advisory Board was established to encourage residents to engage in housing. Resident representatives have an opportunity to share their ideas and suggestions, express their concerns, and work with their property management team to develop solutions. There are currently 13 RAB members selected by their peers to represent the community.
- All maintenance technicians are Customer Care/Resident Journey trained, and our 24/7 emergency service response within 30 minutes brings help to your door within 2 hours.
- We are committed to providing 7-year work order history before move-in.
- We provide routine maintenance and upkeep throughout the year to include front and side lawn care, preventative maintenance of HVAC, appliances, pest control, and more.
- Deployment Care Program – Free bi-weekly backyard mowing and authorization of additional houseguest(s) for the duration of the deployment period.
- Our on-time maintenance response rate is 97.5%.
Through ongoing property management and resident education programs, innovative programs, methods, and technologies have been implemented from urban planning, home design, demolition, and construction. Upon completion, IPC will be one of the largest solar-powered communities in the world.
- LEED-certified neighborhood
- LEED for Homes (Gold)
- On-site environmental manager
- Solar hot water, smart meters
- Energy Star® rated appliances
- Energy-efficient home design and materials
- Tree preservation program
- Construction material recycling program