Island Palm Communities
Island Palm Communities (IPC), a 50-year partnership between Lendlease and the U.S. Army, is the largest residential privatized project awarded by the Army. Located on seven Army Installations on Oahu, IPC is made up of 12 communities and 42 neighborhoods.
Visit project website
Project at a glance
Island Palm Communities marks 17 years of providing safe and healthy communities our service members and families can be proud to call home.
Construction completed to date:
- 4,725 new homes
- 2,516 renovated homes
- 7 Community Centers
Community improvements underway – estimated completion 2026
- 129 Canby historic home renovations
- 167 roof replacements
- 624 kitchen and bath upgrades
- Playground replacements on Wheeler
- Roofing, fencing, paving painting & repairs in multiple communities
- $150M Energy Savings Performance Contract to include Insulation/ Envelope improvement to 4654 homes
- HVAC upgrades to 1,708 legacy homes and 3,312 new homes
- LED lighting installation on 5,813 homes and 3,003 streetlights
- Water efficiency via Low water consumption fixtures to 5,813 homes
- Renewable energy rooftop solar at 55% of homes.
* Stats as of January 2021
A Lendlease community is about more than houses we provide. It is about giving a community living experience that improves our service members' and families' quality of life. At IPC, we offer several resident-focused programs and events to help us do just that.
Community services and amenities include:
- Utilities included
- On-site maintenance
- Year-round front/ side lawn care
- Trash and recycling pick-up
9 community centers
- 86 playgrounds
- 5 splash parks
- 2 swimming pools
- 5 free fitness centers
- 5 basketball courts
- 2 skate parks
- 2 dog parks
Community giving and events:
- Island Palm Communities Foundation - established in 2005, seeks to enhance the living, learning, and well-being of military families by funding projects to improve their quality of life. It looks to empower residents to effect change in their communities by engaging them in developing and executing projects and encouraging them to partner with USAG-Hawaii directorates, civic and community organizations in Hawaii.
- ASYMCA - Annual partner/support of "Operation Holiday Joy."
- Lemonade Day - Since 2015, IPC has sponsored Lemonade Day at U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii, an educational program to teach children how to build and own a business and develop strong life skills
"I wanted to take a moment of my time to share that the staff at Porter Community Center is excellent. I have lived there for 10 months and feel like this is truly my home. Every time I have entered the office I am greeted with a smile and a cup of coffee. Thank you for all your help. My family and I appreciate all that you do.”
- Fernando Gaeta, IPC Resident
- 6-time "Best Places to Work in Hawaii," Hawaii Business Magazine (2014-2020)
- 5-time SatisFacts- Resident Satisfaction Award (2015-2019)
- Historic Preservation Award, Historic Hawaii Foundation, for the renovation of Residences at Palm Circle Drive at Fort Shafter, O'ahu & the rehabilitation of a home built in 1919 located on Schofield Barracks, Oahu (2018 & 2020)
- Property Management Company of the year award; Gold & Silver, Multi-Housing News (2017 & 2018)
- 6-time National Night Out Award, Military and Neighborhood/Communities (2013-2019)
- All maintenance technicians are Customer Care/Resident Journey trained, and our 24/7 emergency service response within 30 minutes brings help to your door within 2 hours.
- We are committed to providing 7-year work order history before move-in.
- We provide routine maintenance and upkeep throughout the year to include front and side lawn care, preventative maintenance of HVAC, appliances, pest control, and more.
- Deployment Care Program – Free bi-weekly backyard mowing and authorization of additional houseguest(s) for the duration of the deployment period.
- Our on-time maintenance response rate is 97.5%.
Through ongoing property management and resident education programs, innovative programs, methods, and technologies have been implemented from urban planning, home design, demolition, and construction. Upon completion, IPC will be one of the largest solar-powered communities in the world.
- LEED-certified neighborhood
- LEED for Homes (Gold)
- On-site environmental manager
- Solar hot water, smart meters
- Energy Star® rated appliances
- Energy-efficient home design and materials
- Tree preservation program
- Construction material recycling program