New Jersey Public Health
Lendlease served as construction manager for the state of New Jersey's Public Health Environmental & Agricultural Laboratory Facility. The project, at 200,000 square feet, is a four-story laboratory facility having BSL-3 capability for public health, agricultural and environmental research. The building is located at the New Jersey State Police Complex in West Trenton, New Jersey, a secure 17-acre site campus which houses the New Jersey State Police Headquarters.
The building's design included a structural steel and concrete frame, curtainwall and metal panel exterior facade, modified hybrid bitumen roofing system, and PV panels mounted on the facade and roof. Interior spaces include: laboratories, lab support spaces, offices and administration space, auditorium, cafeteria and mechanical and electrical spaces.
Components of this facility include:
- 1st Floor Animal Necropsy Lab, Animal Science Open Lab, Plate Science Open Lab, Warehouse, cafeteria, Auditorium, Boiler/Chiller Room
- 2nd Floor Newborn Screening Lab, BSL-3 Lab Space
- 3rd Floor Virology/Serology/HIV Lab, Food & Enteric Lab, Water & Dairy Lab, Hematology Lab, Special Bacteriology Lab
- 4th Floor Organic Analytical Labs, Inorganic Analytical Labs
- 5th Floor MER
- Separate Greenhouse and Pre-screening Buildings.